Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Cave

This is Jason at the teahouse I took him to on Tuesday. We call it 'the Cave' but its name is the Chinese equivalent of '50 Cents'. It was his first time there and I'm not sure that he liked it but he did appreciate the vigorous aircon, while I was covered with goosebumps

This is me, after two teas and some standard chinese fare; gaolitsai, changdo and maodo (cabbage, green beans and marinated soy beans).


These are some shots of the bathrooms in this place. The owner was fascinated with driftwood and sand formations. Her teahouses are built with that scheme. The bathrooms are custom made and very interesting. The sinks have water coming out of the sculptures mouthes.

The feeling in the whole place is this earthy primative cave and it takes me out of the mechanized Taiwan that I spend my days in.


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home